Thursday, February 25, 2010

Music

Yeah, I'm a loser. I haven't been able to put up a "real" blog post in a few weeks, and it looks like it will be a few more until I have another chance. Cornell is kicking my ass.

I've been thinking about religion a lot these past couple days. Specifically, how to articulate the idea that music has always been my "religion." I still can't.

The best I can do is tell you to listen. Take thirty minutes out of your day. Go on iTunes and buy The Dharma at Big Sur by John Adams (its a buck, maybe two). Turn off your phone, close the door, ensure you won't be disturbed. Put your headphones on and listen.

I have no idea what you or anyone else will feel after listening to this piece. But, I can say that it is the closest thing to a religious experience that I've ever had.

Finally, because every post should at least attempt to relate to food, I found the image below. This is Tony's BLT served at Tony's I-75 Restaurant. It is 1 pound of bacon.



I love bacon, but that is wrong. So very, very, deliciously wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment